Friday, December 30, 2016

Dreamers and Writers



Milky golden coffee stains my papers
I set my ceramic mug down to keep
The whispers in the air from stealing my words.
 
Air dipped in ice tickles the back of my neck
I pull up my cocoon of knitted carmine
To discourage the playful breeze in its game.
 
Pen traces paths in its graceful dance across the paper
Ink blossoming from its copper mouth like a kiss
A deadly kiss that brings life while killing the page beneath.
 
Soul and words meet in the intricate dance
Make love on paper to set free the whispers
The unspoken murmurs of my heart. 
 
Patterns run, ink glistens, black as night shadows
Paper gives birth to invisible offspring,
Worlds and people and ideas that take up residence in my soul.


***********************************************************************************


One more day until 2016 is over, then a new year will dawn in all of it's newborn excitement and curiosity.  Are you excited? 




To close, here is my new favorite song in the entire world.  You know when you find that song that makes you tear up because it feels so right.  The words echo the music in your soul and you feel like the music understands you. 


Here's a song for all you dreamers out there. 




Here's to all of you dreamers and writers out there.  One day more!  Any plans for New Year's Eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ah, hello! *sips coffee* Are you going to leave me a comment? I love comments. Comments are cool. So are bow ties. Go ahead and write a comment, there's a good minion.